BLGY Honored with a BUILD Magazine 2016 Architecture Award for Community Commitment
BLGY today announced that it has been awarded the “2016 BUILD Community Commitment Award” by BUILD Magazine, a monthly publication dedicated to the global construction and property industries.
BUILD Magazine established the Architecture Awards to highlight “the amazing work done by the talented designers, artists and visionaries whose talent and innovation have created talking points that will span generations.” The complete list of award recipients can be found at www.build-news.com/the-2016-architecture-awards.
Naomi Douglas, BUILD Awards Coordinator, stated, “With these awards, we pay tribute to the very best firms that the architecture industry has to offer. I am genuinely honoured to be able to showcase the fantastic work undertaken by every one of this years’ winners and would like to wish them the best of luck in the future.”
Serving and enriching communities has been part of BLGY’s culture since it was established in 1955. “Our firm and team members are engaged locally in many ways: through participation on boards and foundations, by aiding fundraisers, supporting scholarships, and promoting the development of ‘soft skills’ in students,” said Benny L. Hawkins, President and CEO of BLGY, Inc. “We look forward to each design project and each partnering opportunity to support our clients and to give back to our community.”
BLGY was also one of three Finalists out of city-wide nominations for the 2016 “Ethics In Business & Community Awards.” This award, given by Recognize Good in collaboration with Concordia University and the Samaritan Center, encourages good ethics in business and illuminates the commendable ethical practice of businesses giving back to community.
Additional recognition given to BLGY includes:
- Design Excellence, American Institute of Architects
- Preservation Merit Award, Heritage Society of Austin
- Excellence in Construction Award, Association of Builders and Contractors
- Energy Conservation Excellence, the Governor
- Outstanding Construction Award, Associated General Contractors
- Golden Trowel Award, Masonry Contractors Association
- Merit Award, Texas Society of Architects
- Design, Sustainability, Value, Process of Planning and Educational Appropriateness Awards, Texas Association of School Administrators / Texas Association of School Boards