BLGY Architecture has two immediate openings in its Austin office.
Who We Are
BLGY Architecture is an award-winning 63-year old practice with a passion for purposeful design particularly of crucial built environments such as K-12 schools, training and support facilities for emergency and public safety facilities, along with assorted other public facilities that bolster the well-being of a variety of citizenry and public servants. Frequently, 100 percent of BLGY workload consists of repeat clients in these public service fields.
Who We’re Looking For
Texas licensing is required for this position. Candidates preferably would have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the management of architectural projects including public institutional facilities ranging in construction cost from several million to $50 million or more, including oversight responsibilities during construction phase. Candidate should have:
• Strong abilities for promoting timely, responsive design and attaining client satisfaction.
• Strong A-E team management, supervisory, and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all project team members and stakeholders.
• Seasoned knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
• Experience with design industry regulatory ordinances and initiatives.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs required; Revit/BIM proficiency is preferred.
• Suitable references.
Support You Will Provide
Responsibility for indirectly or directly accomplishing diverse architectural project assignments. Must have multi-team leadership and resource management skills including client relations. Will provide management oversight toward Architectural Project Manager, subconsultants and other firms providing planning and design, construction, and other services needed for project delivery.
Position: ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER
Architectural licensing is preferred, but not required for this position. Candidates preferably would have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the management of architectural projects ranging in construction cost from at least five to ten million dollars or more, including oversight responsibilities during construction phase. This position requires a degree in Architecture, or acceptable correlated design and construction field. Candidate should have:
• Established A-E team leadership, design, and coordination skills.
• Familiarity with engineering disciplines to sufficiently coordinate their planning input.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors and team.
• Working knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
• Established experience in meeting requirements of applicable building codes and ordinances.
• Knowledge of construction processes sufficient enough to coordinate project with contractor.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs required; REVIT/BIM proficiency preferred.
• Suitable references
Support You Will Provide
Accomplishing diverse in-house architectural assignments including project design and management, and oversight of subconsultant and other firms providing design and construction services to BLGY clientele.
Benefits and Growth Opportunities
Compensation is negotiable and may include bonus when profit permits. Paid leave includes sick, vacation (plus personal), funeral, jury, and holiday; health insurance includes major medical, dental, vision, accident, and life; and matching 401(k) retirement annuity includes BLGY matching contribution up to four (4) percent. Financial support exists for professional development courses, Texas architectural license renewal fee if registered, or architectural licensing exam fees if not registered. BLGY employment for numerous individuals has resulted in firm ownership, and increased hiring appeal to other firms acquainted with BLGY’s excellent reputation for employee grooming.
All replies to job postings will be treated confidentially.
Contact Benny L. Hawkins at email@example.com or (512) 977-0390 for more information.